0

How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways - Elizabeth Barret Browning (1806-1861)

Posted by Kaleidoscope on Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM
" How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death." - Elizabeth Barret Browning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently I am in reminiscence mode whereby my mind being clawed back all the texts and love notes that my wife & I had shared during our lovey-dopey time before we officially 'halal'. Hik Hik..The reasons why these thing pop up in my clustered mind because last week, I had to do some spring cleaning with my own stuff back at my home town. Since our (my mom's to be precised) house was in the midst of having a slightly renovation, so my mom had authorized me to clear my stuff before they throw it away. There were piles of papers i.e. assignments, notes, technical documents, also there were books and not to forget, the most important things were the love letters from my wife. I still kept those letters and what I had in mind was to handover it to my little princess when she's old enough to understand the chemistry between us. I knew that my wife still keep all my letters to her and I've had a chance to read it back one time and I knew that how I was so naive that time :p. Having said that, the love affection that we had built up together since we were in dating mode, however have led us to what we are right now. We had fun exchanging personal stuff i.e watch, more or less, our thoughts and other things that relevant and it keep on going until now. Of course there are ups and downs in our marriage lives, but neither me nor her feels that we should stop from loving each other because of some silly stuffs that inevitably happen in our lives. I've remembered what we quoted in our wedding invitation cards..'Love is meant to be shared with family & friends' and of course, the one that we love. If we can't be with the one that we love, just love with the one that we can.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 It's a kaleidoscopic mind - full of colors but never colorless All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.